The dream of the second attention

Friday, March 17, 2006

One week in Amman

It has been a week now since I came to Jordan. Amman is a different kind of city than the ones I have seen before. It is a bit like Cairo but much smaller, less crowded and people actually stop at traffic lights, and it is a bit like Beirut but much less things to do, however it is a pretty decent place and people are very nice,
But they don't seem to go out much. It was Thursday yesterday and when we were driving to one of the clubs here at around 10 pm, the streets were almost empty !!! (But fortunately the club was full ;)). It is also the kind of place where you run into people on outings and in supemarkets as the options are not really that much.

Anyway, I guess this will be very suitable for me considering the amount of time I need to put in the job. I have been working 12-14 hours daily this week to finish the new hire web-based training courses for my role as well as some eLearning material, discover the huge internal CorpNet and familiarize myself with the unbelievable number of abbreviations used everywhere. Week 1 training courses are amazing. They get you completely soaked in the Microsoft culture and tell you everything you might ever need to know from the details of the company business units to the phone numbers of the preferred hotels worldwide !!!

I feel like a kid who was given the keys to a big toy store :)

4 Comments:

  • Cherish these few weeks of training - I wish i concentrated when it was my turn! Yours sound like 10 times more detailed than the one I got, though :D

    I need to go Petra my friend! C u soon :) +

    By Blogger antimena, at 12:54 AM  

  • Dude, I'm so glad to read your positive feedback about your first week. I'm sure you'll get the best out of Microsoft as well as out of Amman..

    How far is it from Aqaba/Eilat/Taba to Petra?? Is a day-trip doable? I was in Basata last weekend and thought if it's by any means doable, we can meet there next time we are in Sinai ..

    As for Amman, LadyD gave you in her comment an amazing crash tour-guide in less than a 100 words :D .. Good job D ;)

    By Blogger Na22ash, at 5:29 PM  

  • Thanks a lot guys for all the positive feedback you are giving me.

    Na2ash; this (actually :P) seems like a good idea. Aqabba to Petra is around 2 hours. From Taba or Ilat, I think it will be safe to add a couple of hours more, so yes a one day trip is doable.

    By Blogger Bassem, at 7:58 PM  

  • pasha :-)

    it seems u r enjoying ur time, exploring the new place, which is great btw :-)

    don't worry about the high number of working hours I'm sure it'll be much better after u get used to their system.

    keep us updated with the places u visit, we need to know more about that country:-)

    yalla, best of luck

    By Blogger Fawzy, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home