The dream of the second attention

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Raclette Party

Yesterday I was invited to a raclette party (boiled potatoes with melted cheese) at Anita and Eric's place. This swiss couple that I know from salsa classes are truly amazing people. With their three gorgeous kids, their simple yet elegant taste in everything and their great love to their homeland, I beleive they are one of the ideal couples I have known. The guests were 6 people (myslef included) from 5 other nationalities yet I think everybody felt at home and had great time with the others.
I guess people who live as expatriates for longer periods develop this cosmopolitan mentality... or may be it is true that "people are all the same"...

1 Comments:

  • I can see they are truely fantastic!! Inviting people for a Raclette party says it all :)

    Most Older expats I know, may have acquired more experience with dealing with other nationalities; but only few developed receptiveness and openness to different people.. to the contrary, many develop hositility and resentment!!

    Putting in the equation some people's undying love of the homeland versus the continuous detachment and refusal others develop with time makes it even more complicated! .. or may be "people are not all the same" :)

    By Blogger Na22ash, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home