The dream of the second attention

Monday, June 20, 2005

About the title

The "dream of the second attention" is basically our life now as we see it with our own eyes. I was recently reading the famous book The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz, and I really liked this metaphor. In the toltec's wisdom, it is all a dream, whether we are asleep or awake, the mind is always dreaming. The dream of the first attention was when we were still being brought up and we had no choice but to give our attention to the superiors, but now WE CAN CHOOSE OUR OWN DREAM. How we perceive everything that we see, hear and feel is totally up to us. So never misuse your word, never make assumptions, never take anything personally and always do your best in all endeavors. This is the start to transcend the dream of hell that most people live in here and create the dream of heaven...

3 Comments:

  • ... and what a super name it is!

    1 - Mabrook on ure first post/blog
    2- I agree this is the time to see, to experience, to learn on our own with no push or hindrance from others, based alone on our judgement and calls. It might sound scary to some, but this is the only way we learn, experience life to the maximum and definitely enjoy it!

    To those who want to celebrate life ... by actually living it ...I raise my cup!

    By Blogger antimena, at 8:10 PM  

  • welcome to the club...

    I'm really excited about our start and I really feel we'll enjoy it,

    no need to talk about this fascinating book as I took it from u :-D

    u know what, when u apply the described formula, it's like magic, I experienced it and I can see its effect clearly

    and when I noticed what we’re doing, we completely do the opposite, we rarely care about the effect of our words, we can’t stop making assumptions about the others, we pick anything to make it personally and we always try to save our effort as much as we can.

    Any way I’m so happy with ur start

    By Blogger Fawzy, at 12:25 AM  

  • Hey! Cool to have you in the blogging arena:)
    I didn't read the book, I only read some reviews and summaries. The four agreements are quite powerful, my favorite is definitely the first one. I strongly believe in the effect of the positive and negative energy that flows between people in the form of words, emotions and expressions. Few people are aware of it, and fewer are aware that they are causing so much damage by negative words they say about themselves.
    the 2nd and 3rd, IMHO, are too generic.. But may be because my sources are only summaries of the book. But I mean it would be great not to take negative emotions personnally, but never taking anything personal would push to emotional passivism and isolation. Also it is surely helpful not to make hurried outbound assumptions, but again, never making assumptions might ultimately neutralize your intuition and perception.

    mmm .. and before I go:)
    The it-is-all-a-dream illustration goes along very well with the Toltecs legacy, if you know what I mean. Their heritage -that is somehow scarce knowing they are not too ancient- says that the Toltec were the originators of all civilization, and their city Tollan was described as full of wonders! Unfortunately, much of their tradition showed to be mostly legend, and difficult to prove!!

    By Blogger Na22ash, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home